Thursday, January 29, 2009

Afghans end Papua New Guinea's winning run

ICC Media Release

28 January 2009

Afghanistan was the early winners at the Pepsi ICC World Cricket League Division 4 after a stunning 8-wicket victory over Papua New Guinea (PNG) in Buenos Aires on Wednesday.

PNG, who were unbeaten in the tournament going into this match, crumbled to 94 all out with Hamid Hassan leading the demolition with 3-26.

And the match was finished before the players even had their lunch, when a quick-fire fifty from Karim Khan, who won the Man of the Match Award, helped his side to its target with 36.2 overs to spare.

“I am very proud that I captained my country, took six catches and scored a fifty, so I am very happy. I am also pleased we have helped our net run rate and hopefully we go out and win on Friday,” said Karim.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment